Laser pointer discussion. Read/write reviews of laser pointers and laser pointer companies. Learn about all types of laser pointers and lasers





Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums! If you are looking for a laser pointer or want to compare different laser pointer companies, you may want to check out the LPF Laser Pointer Company Database. The link will open in a new window for your convenience.








Green Laser Pointers by Category Blue Laser Pointers by Category Red Laser Pointers by Category
Yellow Laser Pointers by Category Violet Laser Pointers by Category Orange Laser Pointers by Category
Top Laser Pointers by Power - 1 Watt+ Top Laser Pointers by Power - 500mW+ Top Laser Pointers by Power - 250mW+
Laser Pointer Database High Power Laser Pointers Laser Pointer Diodes
Laser Technology Laser Pointer Parts Lasers by Wavelength
Top 10 Laser Pointer Companies Laser Pointer Company Database Visible Beam Laser Pointers


One laser store meets all your needs

























Go Back   Laser Pointer Forums - Discuss Laser Pointers > Off-Topic > Other



LPF List of Laser Pointer Companies (link opens new window)



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 05:56 PM #2289
daguin's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sunny Southern California
Posts: 16,636
Rep Power: 1432
daguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond repute
daguin daguin is offline
Super Moderator
daguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sunny Southern California
Posts: 16,636
Rep Power: 1432
daguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIMNL9 View Post
Uhm ..... i'm starting to understand why some ancient religions call Satan "the brother of God" .....


Peace,
dave


__________________
How To Get Along In and Be Accepted in the Forum

If you got some value out of reading this forum, how about donating $2 to keep it going?
Click Here to donate

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
-William Shakespeare
daguin is offline   Reply With Quote







LPF List of Laser Pointer Companies (link opens new window)







Old 03-01-2012, 03:40 PM #2290
Ghostchrome's Avatar
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,155
Rep Power: 185
Ghostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond repute
Ghostchrome Ghostchrome is offline
Class 3R Laser
Ghostchrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,155
Rep Power: 185
Ghostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

Through the Wormhole is a pretty cool show if you like learning about the universe. Here's an interesting episode called Is There a Creator?



Ghostchrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:19 PM #2291
Class 2 Laser
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 472
Rep Power: 147
TheReddish has a reputation beyond reputeTheReddish has a reputation beyond reputeTheReddish has a reputation beyond reputeTheReddish has a reputation beyond reputeTheReddish has a reputation beyond reputeTheReddish has a reputation beyond reputeTheReddish has a reputation beyond reputeTheReddish has a reputation beyond reputeTheReddish has a reputation beyond reputeTheReddish has a reputation beyond reputeTheReddish has a reputation beyond repute
TheReddish TheReddish is offline
Class 2 Laser
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 472
Rep Power: 147
TheReddish has a reputation beyond reputeTheReddish has a reputation beyond reputeTheReddish has a reputation beyond reputeTheReddish has a reputation beyond reputeTheReddish has a reputation beyond reputeTheReddish has a reputation beyond reputeTheReddish has a reputation beyond reputeTheReddish has a reputation beyond reputeTheReddish has a reputation beyond reputeTheReddish has a reputation beyond reputeTheReddish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

agnostic, but with the world like it is, I am temped to convert to a religion, strong agnostic :P
TheReddish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:51 PM #2292
bennett326's Avatar
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: tennessee
Posts: 1,965
Rep Power: 131
bennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond repute
bennett326 bennett326 is offline
Class 3R Laser
bennett326's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: tennessee
Posts: 1,965
Rep Power: 131
bennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

for more ....Scumbag God meme | quickmeme
Attached Thumbnails
LPF's Religion-35h2kb.jpg  
__________________
Etherdream DAC review here

benneh: it might have been a dye laser pumped by a argon
benneh: HOLY SH!T
benneh: i am such a nerd
ARG: AHHAHAHHAHHAHAAHA
bennett326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:09 PM #2293
cheech226's Avatar
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: across the river from the big easy
Posts: 1,478
Rep Power: 417
cheech226 has a reputation beyond reputecheech226 has a reputation beyond reputecheech226 has a reputation beyond reputecheech226 has a reputation beyond reputecheech226 has a reputation beyond reputecheech226 has a reputation beyond reputecheech226 has a reputation beyond reputecheech226 has a reputation beyond reputecheech226 has a reputation beyond reputecheech226 has a reputation beyond reputecheech226 has a reputation beyond repute
cheech226 cheech226 is offline
Class 3R Laser
cheech226's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: across the river from the big easy
Posts: 1,478
Rep Power: 417
cheech226 has a reputation beyond reputecheech226 has a reputation beyond reputecheech226 has a reputation beyond reputecheech226 has a reputation beyond reputecheech226 has a reputation beyond reputecheech226 has a reputation beyond reputecheech226 has a reputation beyond reputecheech226 has a reputation beyond reputecheech226 has a reputation beyond reputecheech226 has a reputation beyond reputecheech226 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

wow, cool thread! glad i stumbled in here.

wanna know the truth? really?

take about 100mg dmt, vaporize, and inhale the vapor. hold it in now..........
get back to me in 30 minutes, we'll talk.
__________________
i have fond memories of owning
10 hene tubes 2 argon ion units and lots of diode and dpss lasers in these wavelengths:
405,445,450,458,473,488,532,543,594,612,632,635,650,685,780
I'm rebuilding my collection:
Skyray 405 12x
kryton groove gitd 445
B&W Tek 473 lab laser
JDSU 2214-40 multiline argon ion
Osram pl520 in an sh-032 host
Skylaser HL532-300
543 HeNe
632 HeNe x3
Opnext 638 single mode in c6 host
Rayfoss 650 150mW
Laserbee II Deluxe lpm w/ Peregrine
Laissez les bons temps rouler!
cheech226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:19 PM #2294
Woodofcville's Avatar
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 1,191
Rep Power: 57
Woodofcville has a reputation beyond reputeWoodofcville has a reputation beyond reputeWoodofcville has a reputation beyond reputeWoodofcville has a reputation beyond reputeWoodofcville has a reputation beyond reputeWoodofcville has a reputation beyond reputeWoodofcville has a reputation beyond reputeWoodofcville has a reputation beyond reputeWoodofcville has a reputation beyond reputeWoodofcville has a reputation beyond reputeWoodofcville has a reputation beyond repute
Woodofcville Woodofcville is offline
Class 3R Laser
Woodofcville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 1,191
Rep Power: 57
Woodofcville has a reputation beyond reputeWoodofcville has a reputation beyond reputeWoodofcville has a reputation beyond reputeWoodofcville has a reputation beyond reputeWoodofcville has a reputation beyond reputeWoodofcville has a reputation beyond reputeWoodofcville has a reputation beyond reputeWoodofcville has a reputation beyond reputeWoodofcville has a reputation beyond reputeWoodofcville has a reputation beyond reputeWoodofcville has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheech226 View Post
wow, cool thread! glad i stumbled in here.

wanna know the truth? really?

take about 100mg dmt, vaporize, and inhale the vapor. hold it in now..........
get back to me in 30 minutes, we'll talk.
I've heard lots of people mention DMT lately.. What does it do to you?
__________________
_~Cale

-~10mW Focusable O-Like (405nm)
-~60mW CNI Clone (405nm)
-~1W Spyder III, Arctic Series (445nm)
-~5mW Radioshack Pointer (532nm)
-~55mW Viper (532nm)
-~200mW Skylasers Portable (532nm)
-~5mW Atlasnova (635nm)
-~200mW New Style Dilda (650nm)
-~5mW DX pointer (650nm)
Woodofcville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:01 AM #2295
Joe Mo's Avatar
Class 2 Laser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: West Palm Beach Florida
Posts: 320
Rep Power: 27
Joe Mo has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Mo has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Mo has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Mo has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Mo has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Mo has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Mo has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Mo has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Mo has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Mo has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Mo has a reputation beyond repute
Joe Mo Joe Mo is offline
Class 2 Laser
Joe Mo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: West Palm Beach Florida
Posts: 320
Rep Power: 27
Joe Mo has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Mo has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Mo has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Mo has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Mo has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Mo has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Mo has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Mo has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Mo has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Mo has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Mo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheech226 View Post
wow, cool thread! glad i stumbled in here.

wanna know the truth? really?

take about 100mg dmt, vaporize, and inhale the vapor. hold it in now..........
get back to me in 30 minutes, we'll talk.
I did it 2 weekends ago, orange powder, smoke through a bowl with a screen, after 2-3 hits you can feel your face falling off, impossible patterns, loss of complete ego . See joe rogan experience podcast for
More. Btw it's the 7 th time doing
It in 5 years.
__________________
My Website joeONLINE.me
Arctic G2 - 770mW
CajunLasers/O-like 532nm 400mW - 490mW
O-Like 650nm 250mw 'Cute' host - 246mw
Bluefan.nl Basic LPM
2x Panasonic 3100mah NCR18650A green cells
XTAR WP 2 II Charger
Some of My Videos
Joe Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:37 AM #2296
00Giorge's Avatar
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,930
Rep Power: 125
00Giorge has a reputation beyond repute00Giorge has a reputation beyond repute00Giorge has a reputation beyond repute00Giorge has a reputation beyond repute00Giorge has a reputation beyond repute00Giorge has a reputation beyond repute00Giorge has a reputation beyond repute00Giorge has a reputation beyond repute00Giorge has a reputation beyond repute00Giorge has a reputation beyond repute00Giorge has a reputation beyond repute
00Giorge 00Giorge is offline
Class 3R Laser
00Giorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,930
Rep Power: 125
00Giorge has a reputation beyond repute00Giorge has a reputation beyond repute00Giorge has a reputation beyond repute00Giorge has a reputation beyond repute00Giorge has a reputation beyond repute00Giorge has a reputation beyond repute00Giorge has a reputation beyond repute00Giorge has a reputation beyond repute00Giorge has a reputation beyond repute00Giorge has a reputation beyond repute00Giorge has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

@ bennet, sorry to hear about your grandmother. From personal experience it is never easy to see loved ones battle cancer. I lost my faith long ago and just bite my tongue (not always, but I try) when someone thinks I should go to church or join their church, they can all bite me!
__________________
The older I get the better I was!
Age is mind over matter, if you don't mind it really doesn't matter!
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!



Want help stop gun legislation
http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html
00Giorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:21 AM #2297
RyanElectro's Avatar
Class 2M Laser
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 804
Rep Power: 185
RyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to RyanElectro
RyanElectro RyanElectro is offline
Class 2M Laser
RyanElectro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 804
Rep Power: 185
RyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to RyanElectro
Default Re: LPF's Religion

Haha, totally awesome. Practically 90% of members are Atheist.

I'm atheist too. Was a strong believer till i reached the age of 16 and then I saw the light.

Btw... Science and religion can't co-exist properly; religion's core belief in the supernatural without evidence directly contradicts the scientific method of using evidence-based approach and rational discussion.


vs.


The irrationality of religious academics...

Some important facts:
85% of National Science Academy = no belief in god
90% of renowned scientists = no belief in god

It seems the smartest and most interesting people are missing in heaven, must be sad place up there

Last edited by RyanElectro; 03-05-2012 at 07:23 AM. Reason: youtube fix
RyanElectro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:51 AM #2298
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In A State of Shock.
Posts: 11,871
Rep Power: 0
Tech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond repute
Tech_Junkie Tech_Junkie is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In A State of Shock.
Posts: 11,871
Rep Power: 0
Tech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

Did it ever occur to anyone that physics, math, ect, were creations of a higher power? Are people's egos so out of control that they think what their minds create, and understand are absolute?

Mankind, along with everything else, are created from the laws of the universe. I dont understand how mankind's interpretation of these laws eliminates the architect that created them. In reality we are lower than sub atomic particle in the grand scale of things. Yet we pretend to be omnipotent and dismiss the force behind the laws of the universe because we cannot quite understand it. We dont understand it, so we say it doesn't exists. This doesn't sound very scientific to me.

Man's perception, and understanding are chronically flawed. Do you really believe that the small ball of grey matter in your head can possibly comprehend the scope of whats going on in the universe, or beyond? Who's really the idiots here? Just because scientists are the leading intellects of our group, does not make their opinion law. A fool led by a smarter fool is still a fool. Its the 3 stooges syndrome. Moe is a genius compared to Larry, and Curly. But in reality Moe is a moron, he is just smarter than the others in the group. Scientists have so many answers, yet we as a people still deal with the same basic problems we've always have. Why? Because mankind is flawed. And if mankind is flawed, how can they possibly have the ego to say for a fact a higher power does not exist when the proof is right in front of them?

The world we know, and universe are all governed by the same laws. There is a singular thread running though it all. There is where your evidence lies. The only reason science will not except this proof of a higher power is because they need to feel superior. They cant live with the fact we are all insecure, barbaric worms, that consume, and destroy everything in our path. No other creature on this planet destroys their environment like we do. And for what? Greed, vanity, power, and convenience. In reality none of these bring true happiness, and are totally worthless. How can you possibly believe in a higher power when you're so far removed from it you cant see whats real anymore? You cant. Only the humble have any chance of being touched by a higher power. Because when you are humble you know what the true meaning of happiness is. It opens your eyes to the true reality of what is going on around you. When you starve, you learn not to waste. When you're disfigured, you learn to judge people by who they are, not what they look like. When you're bullied, you learn the importance of compassion. When you're lonely, you learn the value of a relationship. Only when you have removed all the stresses, and BS of the daily grind, will you see there is a whole other world going on around you. Not the world of people, but everything else that is living around you. It all moves in harmony, purpose, and peace. This is where the higher power resides. And you can feel it, and interact with it. And its always there.

Its sad that in many cases only when we are on the precipice of the end does clarity presents its self, and we reach out for a higher power to comfort us. For those that reject this, you die alone, with nothing in your heart but regret, and anger. Physics will give you no comfort in the end, and that is a fact.
Tech_Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:20 PM #2299
RyanElectro's Avatar
Class 2M Laser
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 804
Rep Power: 185
RyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to RyanElectro
RyanElectro RyanElectro is offline
Class 2M Laser
RyanElectro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 804
Rep Power: 185
RyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to RyanElectro
Default Re: LPF's Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech_Junkie View Post
Did it ever occur to anyone that physics, math, ect, were creations of a higher power? Are people's egos so out of control that they think what their minds create, and understand are absolute?

Mankind, along with everything else, are created from the laws of the universe. I dont understand how mankind's interpretation of these laws eliminates the architect that created them. In reality we are lower than sub atomic particle in the grand scale of things. Yet we pretend to be omnipotent and dismiss the force behind the laws of the universe because we cannot quite understand it. We dont understand it, so we say it doesn't exists. This doesn't sound very scientific to me.

Man's perception, and understanding are chronically flawed. Do you really believe that the small ball of grey matter in your head can possibly comprehend the scope of whats going on in the universe, or beyond? Who's really the idiots here? Just because scientists are the leading intellects of our group, does not make their opinion law. A fool led by a smarter fool is still a fool. Its the 3 stooges syndrome. Moe is a genius compared to Larry, and Curly. But in reality Moe is a moron, he is just smarter than the others in the group. Scientists have so many answers, yet we as a people still deal with the same basic problems we've always have. Why? Because mankind is flawed. And if mankind is flawed, how can they possibly have the ego to say for a fact a higher power does not exist when the proof is right in front of them?

The world we know, and universe are all governed by the same laws. There is a singular thread running though it all. There is where your evidence lies. The only reason science will not except this proof of a higher power is because they need to feel superior. They cant live with the fact we are all insecure, barbaric worms, that consume, and destroy everything in our path. No other creature on this planet destroys their environment like we do. And for what? Greed, vanity, power, and convenience. In reality none of these bring true happiness, and are totally worthless. How can you possibly believe in a higher power when you're so far removed from it you cant see whats real anymore? You cant. Only the humble have any chance of being touched by a higher power. Because when you are humble you know what the true meaning of happiness is. It opens your eyes to the true reality of what is going on around you. When you starve, you learn not to waste. When you're disfigured, you learn to judge people by who they are, not what they look like. When you're bullied, you learn the importance of compassion. When you're lonely, you learn the value of a relationship. Only when you have removed all the stresses, and BS of the daily grind, will you see there is a whole other world going on around you. Not the world of people, but everything else that is living around you. It all moves in harmony, purpose, and peace. This is where the higher power resides. And you can feel it, and interact with it. And its always there.

Its sad that in many cases only when we are on the precipice of the end does clarity presents its self, and we reach out for a higher power to comfort us. For those that reject this, you die alone, with nothing in your heart but regret, and anger. Physics will give you no comfort in the end, and that is a fact.
There is some truth in fact. I will never say, neither will any real Atheists, that there definitely is no God. We can only say that, evidence is very strong against the existence of a supernatural dimension/deity.

It's the same case for leprechauns, fairies, angels, demons, etc. Neither any of these can be proven true or false, real or fantasy. They are un-arguable propositions. We can only say we don't believe in them because the evidence for them is either non-existent or very weak.

While in science, cars move, planes fly, buildings hold up, diseases are cured etc. Religion has given us nothing but wishful thinking and that's not enough I would say, at least for me.

I don't mind dying and that's it. At least I won't be held to a celestial dictatorship that I MUST love and listen to forever and ever... or else, suffer in hell for eternity. To me, that is a wicked being whom I rather not be with for eternity. It is quite clear in the bible, with all the human-characteristics of God being jealous, angry, racist, and tyrannical that he is made in OUR image, not us in his image.

Besides, the story that science tell us, of our origins and the origins of our universe is so much more elegant, so much more beautiful, and magnificent (watch Carl Sagan's Cosmos, or NOVA's What is Space on Youtube) than a burning bush... or human sacrifice.

Religion is too local... too provincial. I mean... ONE aspect of God came to the Earth. THE EARTH mind you! and LOOK AT WHATS OUT THERE! Bible says nothing about it, in fact, it says we were the center of the universe and were given special dominion as a species. It could not have been more wrong.

There's a saying... science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.

Last edited by RyanElectro; 03-05-2012 at 01:31 PM.
RyanElectro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:50 PM #2300
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In A State of Shock.
Posts: 11,871
Rep Power: 0
Tech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond repute
Tech_Junkie Tech_Junkie is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In A State of Shock.
Posts: 11,871
Rep Power: 0
Tech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond reputeTech_Junkie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanrenesis View Post
There is some truth in fact. I will never say, neither will any real Atheists, that there definitely is no God. We can only say that, evidence is very strong against the existence of a supernatural dimension/deity.

It's the same case for leprechauns, fairies, angels, demons, etc. Neither any of these can be proven true or false, real or fantasy. They are un-arguable propositions. We can only say we don't believe in them because the evidence for them is either non-existent or very weak.

While in science, cars fly, buildings hold up, diseases are cured etc. Religion has given us nothing but wishful thinking and that's not enough I would say, at least for me.

There's a saying... science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
You totally missed the point, but thats OK.

Religion will always be needed as long as the world cries, and to give solace to the down trodden. Also organized religions feed more hungry people in the world than all the other organizations combined. They are also deeply involved in medicine (St. Jude Children's Hospital), and education. Most times religious institution will not turn you away if you are poor. They are active all over the world. Religion is not a bad thing, it just needs to be updated to todays standards. The ideals can remain the same, but the presentation needs to be updated. Muhammad, Christ, Buddha, and others, taut peace, love, and acceptance. What wrong with that? You dont have to worship them to see they are positive role models.

You say you've seen the light, but there is no research in your opinions. Dont echo what others say, including me, do your own research, and form your own educated opinions. You shouldn't blindly believe in anything, either way.
Tech_Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:56 PM #2301
Bluefan's Avatar
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,482
Rep Power: 61
Bluefan has a reputation beyond reputeBluefan has a reputation beyond reputeBluefan has a reputation beyond reputeBluefan has a reputation beyond reputeBluefan has a reputation beyond reputeBluefan has a reputation beyond reputeBluefan has a reputation beyond reputeBluefan has a reputation beyond reputeBluefan has a reputation beyond reputeBluefan has a reputation beyond reputeBluefan has a reputation beyond repute
Bluefan Bluefan is offline
Class 3R Laser
Bluefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,482
Rep Power: 61
Bluefan has a reputation beyond reputeBluefan has a reputation beyond reputeBluefan has a reputation beyond reputeBluefan has a reputation beyond reputeBluefan has a reputation beyond reputeBluefan has a reputation beyond reputeBluefan has a reputation beyond reputeBluefan has a reputation beyond reputeBluefan has a reputation beyond reputeBluefan has a reputation beyond reputeBluefan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanrenesis View Post
There is some truth in fact. I will never say, neither will any real Atheists, that there definitely is no God. We can only say that, evidence is very strong against the existence of a supernatural dimension/deity.
You missed the point. The science you're so proud of isn't made to deal with supernatural stuff. It's like trying to figure out non-linear optics with a first order approximation. You just can't see second order stuff with that, no matter how hard you look.
__________________
Highlights of my laser collection:
Big Sky Er:YAG - HP 8168D 1480-1570nm tunable laser source - Spectra Physics 3800 modelocked Nd:YAG - lots of IR diodes and bars - LPC-815 200mW 650nm - DL 6353TL 635nm 5mW - HP5501A stabilized HeNe - 2x Melles Griot 05-STP-910 stabilized HeNe - Spectra Physics 3500 Dye laser - REO 30536 543nm 2mW - Coherent DPY315-100 532nm 100mW SLM DPSS - Lexel 85 - 3x B&W tek 10mW 473nm - 445nm 3W Bluefan Sabre module - SF-AW210 150mW 405nm - DPSS inc 355nm 100mW Q-switched

Power meters:
Laser precision RkP-575 w/ RK-5710 - Ophir 10A-V2-SH - Ophir OEM 20C-A - HP 8152A w/ 2x 81521B - Coherent 212 - Anritsu ML93 w/ MA98A - 2x laser precision AM-400 - Leader LPM-8000

Bluefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:51 PM #2302
bennett326's Avatar
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: tennessee
Posts: 1,965
Rep Power: 131
bennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond repute
bennett326 bennett326 is offline
Class 3R Laser
bennett326's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: tennessee
Posts: 1,965
Rep Power: 131
bennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond reputebennett326 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech_Junkie View Post
Did it ever occur to anyone that physics, math, ect, were creations of a higher power? Are people's egos so out of control that they think what their minds create, and understand are absolute?

Mankind, along with everything else, are created from the laws of the universe. I dont understand how mankind's interpretation of these laws eliminates the architect that created them. In reality we are lower than sub atomic particle in the grand scale of things. Yet we pretend to be omnipotent and dismiss the force behind the laws of the universe because we cannot quite understand it. We dont understand it, so we say it doesn't exists. This doesn't sound very scientific to me.

Man's perception, and understanding are chronically flawed. Do you really believe that the small ball of grey matter in your head can possibly comprehend the scope of whats going on in the universe, or beyond? Who's really the idiots here? Just because scientists are the leading intellects of our group, does not make their opinion law. A fool led by a smarter fool is still a fool. Its the 3 stooges syndrome. Moe is a genius compared to Larry, and Curly. But in reality Moe is a moron, he is just smarter than the others in the group. Scientists have so many answers, yet we as a people still deal with the same basic problems we've always have. Why? Because mankind is flawed. And if mankind is flawed, how can they possibly have the ego to say for a fact a higher power does not exist when the proof is right in front of them?

The world we know, and universe are all governed by the same laws. There is a singular thread running though it all. There is where your evidence lies. The only reason science will not except this proof of a higher power is because they need to feel superior. They cant live with the fact we are all insecure, barbaric worms, that consume, and destroy everything in our path. No other creature on this planet destroys their environment like we do. And for what? Greed, vanity, power, and convenience. In reality none of these bring true happiness, and are totally worthless. How can you possibly believe in a higher power when you're so far removed from it you cant see whats real anymore? You cant. Only the humble have any chance of being touched by a higher power. Because when you are humble you know what the true meaning of happiness is. It opens your eyes to the true reality of what is going on around you. When you starve, you learn not to waste. When you're disfigured, you learn to judge people by who they are, not what they look like. When you're bullied, you learn the importance of compassion. When you're lonely, you learn the value of a relationship. Only when you have removed all the stresses, and BS of the daily grind, will you see there is a whole other world going on around you. Not the world of people, but everything else that is living around you. It all moves in harmony, purpose, and peace. This is where the higher power resides. And you can feel it, and interact with it. And its always there.

Its sad that in many cases only when we are on the precipice of the end does clarity presents its self, and we reach out for a higher power to comfort us. For those that reject this, you die alone, with nothing in your heart but regret, and anger. Physics will give you no comfort in the end, and that is a fact.
sure there COULD be a higher power if there is not a higher power that created us i believe that we are not alone

but how do you know the truth the so called GOD is a blatant atheist he believed that he is the highest power and no one is above him. so who created him?

Truthism.com - Your #1 Source for the Truth <------ for all i fucking know that could be true
__________________
Etherdream DAC review here

benneh: it might have been a dye laser pumped by a argon
benneh: HOLY SH!T
benneh: i am such a nerd
ARG: AHHAHAHHAHHAHAAHA
bennett326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:36 PM #2303
RyanElectro's Avatar
Class 2M Laser
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 804
Rep Power: 185
RyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to RyanElectro
RyanElectro RyanElectro is offline
Class 2M Laser
RyanElectro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 804
Rep Power: 185
RyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond reputeRyanElectro has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to RyanElectro
Default Re: LPF's Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech_Junkie View Post
You totally missed the point, but thats OK.

Religion will always be needed as long as the world cries, and to give solace to the down trodden. Also organized religions feed more hungry people in the world than all the other organizations combined. They are also deeply involved in medicine (St. Jude Children's Hospital), and education. Most times religious institution will not turn you away if you are poor. They are active all over the world. Religion is not a bad thing, it just needs to be updated to todays standards. The ideals can remain the same, but the presentation needs to be updated. Muhammad, Christ, Buddha, and others, taut peace, love, and acceptance. What wrong with that? You dont have to worship them to see they are positive role models.

You say you've seen the light, but there is no research in your opinions. Dont echo what others say, including me, do your own research, and form your own educated opinions. You shouldn't blindly believe in anything, either way.
If religion were to be removed, a secular organization will easily fill the vacuum, and be much more efficient at it (because we actually value rational discussion, sound judgment with an evidence-based approach?). At least, we'd allow condom use in AIDS-ridden Africa, where millions die every year because the Catholic Church thinks, in all its holiness, that while AIDS is bad... apparently condoms are worse.

You're right: Jesus, Buddha can be role models for our values, but there's no need to invoke the supernatural. Still, not all their values work, such as: do onto others as others onto you, sounds great but is too idealistic and does not work. What if I were to be confronted by someone like Charles Manson? I don't want him to be treated how I want to be treated, and he sure as hell won't treat me how he wants to be treated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
You missed the point. The science you're so proud of isn't made to deal with supernatural stuff. It's like trying to figure out non-linear optics with a first order approximation. You just can't see second order stuff with that, no matter how hard you look.
To say science can't explain the supernatural is nonsense. Science does not only exist in the classroom, or in our "physical realm" as you put it. Science exists intrinsically in abstract thought, in mathematics, of concepts we cannot even begin to imagine. ie. Math can explain multiple dimensions above ours (and religious people even have the guts to use this with their God of the Gaps argument). Secondly, the theist God is suppose to work with our physical realm, in fact Christians believe he can interact and communicate with humans, even directly intervene through the occasional "miracle". After all, he created the physical realm, why can't he interact with it? Anyway, we don't necesarily need to detect the supernatural realm, but rather it is the interaction between the supernatural and the physical that we can detect. In the same methodology, we didn't know blackholes existed, until we realised how it interacted with the light around it--it curves the light. However, there is no such evidence, ever to be found in the entire history of mankind.

Believe it without evidence if you want, if it makes you happy, then knock yourself out. But I, and as well as many others, need evidence. Just don't bring down the intellectual paradise we have today as religious people constantly do in the past: in ancient Alexandria over 2000 years ago and in Baghdad, once the intellectual capital of the world during the Islamic Golden Age, and again in Europe during the Dark Ages, where centuries of discoveries were lost (see this pattern of religious monstrosities against science?). It took us another 1000+ years to rediscover the science and facts: such as the world was NOT flat, but spherical (Eratosthenes in 255 BC measured circumference of the Earth to a 3% degree of error, invented an astronomical instrument that determined celestial positions), that the stars in the sky were just like our suns but really far away, and all the mathematical, geological, and astronomical advancements. These are but a tiny fraction of the discoveries that were lost, destroyed and books burned by religious irrationality, where it is estimated only 1% of all the scrolls in the great library of ancient Alexandria ALONE has survived the burnings and destruction. Who knows where we would be today, if we weren't held back by the thousands of years of religious ignoramuses? Thank god (pun intended) we became a secular society, let's just hope we stay this way.

Last edited by RyanElectro; 03-05-2012 at 04:12 PM.
RyanElectro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:55 PM #2304
Ghostchrome's Avatar
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,155
Rep Power: 185
Ghostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond repute
Ghostchrome Ghostchrome is offline
Class 3R Laser
Ghostchrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,155
Rep Power: 185
Ghostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond reputeGhostchrome has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LPF's Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennett326 View Post

Truthism.com - Your #1 Source for the Truth <------ for all i fucking know that could be true
haha Holy cow that website is awesome.

Quote:
The Earth is hollow, with an inner sun
and a more advanced civilization than ours.
In fact, all planets are hollow and have inner
suns. Some of the Inner Earth people are
aware of Earth's outer surface, and others
are not.

There are two polar openings (one at
the North Pole and one at the South Pole) that
lead into Inner Earth. You yourself have seen
the sunlight of the inner sun--this is what the
aurora borealis (the northern lights) and the
aurora australis (the southern lights) are.
Ghostchrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://laserpointerforums.com/f57/lpf-s-religion-34223.html
Posted By For Type Date
DARPA Continues Human Experiments to Create Military Super Soldiers - Top US World News | Susanne Posel Daily Headlines and Research This thread Refback 08-05-2014 01:49 AM
Def belongs in my future home | Caylin&#39;s | Pinterest This thread Refback 05-19-2014 05:18 PM
Man slays son; claims God told him to | Say What? This thread Refback 06-17-2012 04:35 AM
LPF's Religion - Page 92 - Laser Pointer Forums - Discuss Lasers & Laser Pointers This thread Refback 02-29-2012 04:46 AM










Loading








Green Laser Pointers by Category Blue Laser Pointers by Category Red Laser Pointers by Category
Yellow Laser Pointers by Category Violet Laser Pointers by Category Orange Laser Pointers by Category
Top Laser Pointers by Power - 1 Watt+ Top Laser Pointers by Power - 500mW+ Top Laser Pointers by Power - 250mW+
Laser Pointer Database High Power Laser Pointers Laser Pointer Diodes






Privacy Policy | Advertising Disclaimer | Terms of Use


 


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:38 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Privacy Policy | Advertising Disclaimer | Terms of Use
Copyright (C) 2017 Laser Pointer Forums, LLC