Laser pointer discussion. Read/write reviews of laser pointers and laser pointer companies. Learn about all types of laser pointers and lasers





Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums! If you are looking for a laser pointer or want to compare different laser pointer companies, you may want to check out the LPF Laser Pointer Company Database. The link will open in a new window for your convenience.








Green Laser Pointers by Category Blue Laser Pointers by Category Red Laser Pointers by Category
Yellow Laser Pointers by Category Violet Laser Pointers by Category Orange Laser Pointers by Category
Top Laser Pointers by Power - 1 Watt+ Top Laser Pointers by Power - 500mW+ Top Laser Pointers by Power - 250mW+
Laser Pointer Database High Power Laser Pointers Laser Pointer Diodes
Laser Technology Laser Pointer Parts Lasers by Wavelength
Top 10 Laser Pointer Companies Laser Pointer Company Database Visible Beam Laser Pointers


One laser store meets all your needs

























Go Back   Laser Pointer Forums - Discuss Laser Pointers > Lasers > Tutorials, Help & Repairs



LPF List of Laser Pointer Companies (link opens new window)



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2015, 06:11 PM #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
val45130 is on a distinguished road
val45130 val45130 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
val45130 is on a distinguished road
Question Different questions about the lasers

Hello,

I'm totally a noob about the laser pointer
I wan't to buy a laser with a range of 5km in night. But I don't know what the power in need in mW for obtain this.
I've found a lots of website who they sell laser pointer but I'm pretty it's just 2mW, or simply the laser can not reach 5km.

I wan't to buy :

- Can reach 5km or more
- Purple or Green color

If it's possible not expensive, because I don't wan't a pointer for the professional.

Thank you in advance for your response and sorry for my English


val45130 is offline   Reply With Quote







LPF List of Laser Pointer Companies (link opens new window)







Old 01-03-2015, 08:36 PM #2
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,296
Rep Power: 174
Teej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond repute
Teej Teej is offline
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,296
Rep Power: 174
Teej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Different questions about the lasers

Quote:
Originally Posted by val45130 View Post
Hello,

I'm totally a noob about the laser pointer
I wan't to buy a laser with a range of 5km in night. But I don't know what the power in need in mW for obtain this.
I've found a lots of website who they sell laser pointer but I'm pretty it's just 2mW, or simply the laser can not reach 5km.

I wan't to buy :

- Can reach 5km or more
- Purple or Green color

If it's possible not expensive, because I don't wan't a pointer for the professional.

Thank you in advance for your response and sorry for my English
If you want to see the beam itself, as opposed to the dot of light on your target...there are differences in what would work at 5 km.

For example, how big a dot could you SEE 5 km away?


Different colors (wavelengths) of light are easier, or harder, to see, than others.

Purple for example would be very very hard to see, but green, for the same mw, would be very easy to see.

So, to have the best chance of seeing it with a given power output, green would be FAR better than purple.


What's at 5 km that you are trying to see it hit? (And what color/reflectiveness of the background is there for contrast, etc?)


ALL lasers can project a beam 5 km...but, may not be bright enough to SEE depending on the circumstances.

Last edited by Teej; 01-03-2015 at 08:38 PM.
Teej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:01 PM #3
hakzaw1's Avatar
Class 4 Laser
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: 'Deep in the Heart Of Texas..."
Posts: 8,345
Rep Power: 27214
hakzaw1 has a reputation beyond reputehakzaw1 has a reputation beyond reputehakzaw1 has a reputation beyond reputehakzaw1 has a reputation beyond reputehakzaw1 has a reputation beyond reputehakzaw1 has a reputation beyond reputehakzaw1 has a reputation beyond reputehakzaw1 has a reputation beyond reputehakzaw1 has a reputation beyond reputehakzaw1 has a reputation beyond reputehakzaw1 has a reputation beyond repute
hakzaw1 hakzaw1 is online now
Class 4 Laser
hakzaw1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: 'Deep in the Heart Of Texas..."
Posts: 8,345
Rep Power: 27214
hakzaw1 has a reputation beyond reputehakzaw1 has a reputation beyond reputehakzaw1 has a reputation beyond reputehakzaw1 has a reputation beyond reputehakzaw1 has a reputation beyond reputehakzaw1 has a reputation beyond reputehakzaw1 has a reputation beyond reputehakzaw1 has a reputation beyond reputehakzaw1 has a reputation beyond reputehakzaw1 has a reputation beyond reputehakzaw1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Different questions about the lasers

as Teej replied all laser go much further than we can see==what 'appears' to the eye to be the end on the beam is NOT correct.

many arrested in USA said they were only trying to 'see' how far their laser 'went by aiming at aircraft. duh!

Lasers have been seen by astronauts in space.

When you are on the 'other' end you will see more than from any other position.

on another note..
your thread has been placed in the wrong section, .....AND your first thread SHOULD have been a 'INTRO' of yourself and placed in the WELCOME section. while we do like to help we also like to see respect== you need to make that thread and also add MORE info in yr personal profile.
...manly your location==WHERE you are makes huge DIFF when it comes to advice..
and there is likely member or two close enough for hands-on help or to get a laser metered for free.


AND-- had you done some homework by searching you could have found your own answers.. we are NOT fond of answering the SAME questions over and over.
best place to buy his here in out BS&T section. (from another [vet] member)

hak
__________________
IF YOU ARE NEW HERE- READ ALL THIS http://laserpointerforums.com/f37/an...ml#post1353314
& Spend some hours reading at LASERPOINTERSAFETY.COM

powered by PANGOLIN-ILDA Member since 2014.

QS/FB3 +Beyond-APC40-Mamba Black(clone) 5paghettix2 and I-show x2-Kasio synth-midi
KGB- 532 1.1W 445 2.2W 655 1.3W DT Pro 40 still needs more red.
KGB1W+ 532 DT Pro 40 soon to be GB.
Laserking 1300RGB FULL COLOR 30K(may be FS)
Laserking RGB LK PD2 500 and LK SD 850
REKE RGB 500- G 300
HeNes-(12)R(3)G-COH-594/5 mW-thnx DrSam
MULTILINE-147mW[
445nm 180mW-Mini spiro-Yob.
LPMs-RadiantAlpha& Pro5W-AixiZ SPER/KenmeterLite/LB1
Spacelas 1178mW 655nm/AixiZ 300mW532&
2 B&W 473nm 5/6mW lab
JETLRS1.3W&1.2W-MGL-H
638 180mW ttl mimi lab (av. 230mW)
405 100mW ttl mini lab
445 300 mW ttl mni lab ^AixiZ^ all for a lumia PJ
*MightyMite 2000* RGB all diode 2.2W 30K- 637/520./450...NEW!!
Guide DIY Pjs by Dan-
http://nqlasers.com/scannerreference/index.php?title=Main_Page
hakzaw1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 07:56 AM #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
val45130 is on a distinguished road
val45130 val45130 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
val45130 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Different questions about the lasers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakzaw1 View Post
as Teej replied all laser go much further than we can see==what 'appears' to the eye to be the end on the beam is NOT correct.

many arrested in USA said they were only trying to 'see' how far their laser 'went by aiming at aircraft. duh!

Lasers have been seen by astronauts in space.

When you are on the 'other' end you will see more than from any other position.

on another note..
your thread has been placed in the wrong section, .....AND your first thread SHOULD have been a 'INTRO' of yourself and placed in the WELCOME section. while we do like to help we also like to see respect== you need to make that thread and also add MORE info in yr personal profile.
...manly your location==WHERE you are makes huge DIFF when it comes to advice..
and there is likely member or two close enough for hands-on help or to get a laser metered for free.


AND-- had you done some homework by searching you could have found your own answers.. we are NOT fond of answering the SAME questions over and over.
best place to buy his here in out BS&T section. (from another [vet] member)

hak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teej View Post
If you want to see the beam itself, as opposed to the dot of light on your target...there are differences in what would work at 5 km.

For example, how big a dot could you SEE 5 km away?


Different colors (wavelengths) of light are easier, or harder, to see, than others.

Purple for example would be very very hard to see, but green, for the same mw, would be very easy to see.

So, to have the best chance of seeing it with a given power output, green would be FAR better than purple.


What's at 5 km that you are trying to see it hit? (And what color/reflectiveness of the background is there for contrast, etc?)


ALL lasers can project a beam 5 km...but, may not be bright enough to SEE depending on the circumstances.
Thank you for your response.
I don't understand everything. But I wan't a laser can reach 5km in night with no rain, no fog...
I already see a laser like this, the guy use it for astronomy and some times he target a water tower, the laser hit the water tower and we see a green circle with the size of the water tower

Last edited by val45130; 01-04-2015 at 07:57 AM.
val45130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 09:20 AM #5
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,296
Rep Power: 174
Teej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond repute
Teej Teej is offline
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,296
Rep Power: 174
Teej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Different questions about the lasers

Quote:
Originally Posted by val45130 View Post
Thank you for your response.
I don't understand everything. But I wan't a laser can reach 5km in night with no rain, no fog...
I already see a laser like this, the guy use it for astronomy and some times he target a water tower, the laser hit the water tower and we see a green circle with the size of the water tower
So, you want to be able to see a green dot on a water tower 5 km away?

I'm a little confused about wording..."the size of the water tower" means that the "dot" is really big, the same size as the water tower?

What is that water tower's lit up size across/height....in meters?


Did you want a dot (normal laser effect), or to light up the entire water tower (Flashlight effect)?

That is your objective?

Last edited by Teej; 01-04-2015 at 09:24 AM.
Teej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 09:24 AM #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
val45130 is on a distinguished road
val45130 val45130 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
val45130 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Different questions about the lasers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teej View Post
So, you want to be able to see a green dot on a water tower 5 km away?

That is your objective?
Yes. But it's not just for target the water tower.
val45130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 09:25 AM #7
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,296
Rep Power: 174
Teej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond repute
Teej Teej is offline
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,296
Rep Power: 174
Teej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Different questions about the lasers

Quote:
Originally Posted by val45130 View Post
Yes. But it's not just for target the water tower.
Describe what you'd like it to do?
Teej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 09:44 AM #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
val45130 is on a distinguished road
val45130 val45130 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
val45130 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Different questions about the lasers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teej View Post
Describe what you'd like it to do?
Play with it, like a lots of person here. And also for use it in astronomy because I like the stars, and sometimes with friends I show where is this star, this star, constellation...
val45130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 09:59 AM #9
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,296
Rep Power: 174
Teej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond repute
Teej Teej is offline
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,296
Rep Power: 174
Teej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Different questions about the lasers

Quote:
Originally Posted by val45130 View Post
Play with it, like a lots of person here. And also for use it in astronomy because I like the stars, and sometimes with friends I show where is this star, this star, constellation...
I point out stars, etc, too, and, the green is very visible.

I use an 80 mw 532 nm for stars, which works very well.

I also use a 3 w 445 (Blue) which works even better, and I've been told it looks like the star is sitting on top of a blue column of light when pointed out with it.

The higher power lasers can overheat the diode if pointed for too long at a time, so I pace the "Points" to a few seconds at a time to help avoid that...and use more than one laser to allow me to alternate, etc.

The 80 mw 532 (Green) can be used to put a bright dot on the top of a skyscraper in broad daylight for example (Green is typically the most visible color for the same wattage)...but a 3 watt 445 (Blue) can light a cigarette 10' away, etc...and also put a bright blue dot on that skyscraper's top in broad daylight.

Those would be two examples at opposite ends of the cost/performance spectrum.




Last edited by Teej; 01-04-2015 at 10:01 AM.
Teej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 10:01 AM #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
val45130 is on a distinguished road
val45130 val45130 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
val45130 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Different questions about the lasers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teej View Post
I point out stars, etc, too, and, the green is very visible.

I use an 80 mw 532 nm for stars, which works very well.

I also use a 3 w 445 (Blue) which works even better, and I've been told it looks like the star is sitting on top of a blue column of light when pointed out with it.

The higher power lasers can overheat the diode if pointed for too long at a time, so I pace the "Points" to a few seconds at a time to help avoid that...and use more than one laser to allow me to alternate, etc.

The 80 mw 532 (Green) can be used to put a bright dot on the top of a skyscraper in broad daylight for example (Green is typically the most visible color for the same wattage)...but a 3 watt 445 (Blue) can light a cigarette 10' away, etc...and also put a bright blue dot on that skyscraper's top in broad daylight.

So for me the best is 80mw 532 in green. Because I think the 3w is too expensive ?
val45130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 10:08 AM #11
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,296
Rep Power: 174
Teej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond repute
Teej Teej is offline
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,296
Rep Power: 174
Teej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Different questions about the lasers

Quote:
Originally Posted by val45130 View Post
So for me the best is 80mw 532 in green. Because I think the 3w is too expensive ?
I would get a 532 in as high a power as you could afford at least....I would not go lower than 80 mw myself based on my use at least.

I would also get it from someone here who makes them rather than from most ebay/amazon sources, etc...so that you could have confidence in what you get. (There's a lot of over priced junk out there...)

I'd also get safety goggles with the correct wavelength (including 532 nm) to help to avoid accidental eye damage from a reflection, etc. (Not needed for astronomy typically, but indoors, absolutely)

Read about the safety, avoiding aircraft/eyes, etc.

These also tend to use rechargeable lithium ion cells, and there are some things to read about them as well.

Teej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 10:15 AM #12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
val45130 is on a distinguished road
val45130 val45130 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
val45130 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Different questions about the lasers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teej View Post
I would get a 532 in as high a power as you could afford at least....I would not go lower than 80 mw myself based on my use at least.

I would also get it from someone here who makes them rather than from most ebay/amazon sources, etc...so that you could have confidence in what you get. (There's a lot of over priced junk out there...)

I'd also get safety goggles with the correct wavelength (including 532 nm) to help to avoid accidental eye damage from a reflection, etc. (Not needed for astronomy typically, but indoors, absolutely)

Read about the safety, avoiding aircraft/eyes, etc.

These also tend to use rechargeable lithium ion cells, and there are some things to read about them as well.

My friend know the rules about aiming the sky with a laser in France for the aircraft
I found this on the forum, this guy make a lost of test :
100mW 532nm for $15
A 100mW 532 (green) can be at 15$ ?

Last edited by val45130; 01-04-2015 at 10:16 AM.
val45130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 10:18 AM #13
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,296
Rep Power: 174
Teej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond repute
Teej Teej is offline
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,296
Rep Power: 174
Teej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond reputeTeej has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Different questions about the lasers

Quote:
Originally Posted by val45130 View Post
My friend know the rules about aiming the sky with a laser in France for the aircraft
I found this on the forum, this guy make a lost of test :
100mW 532nm for $15
A 100mW 532 (green) can be at 15$ ?
When that inexpensive, they typically don't last too long, and, often don't filter out the IR part.

Something like this might be more reliable:

SF501B 532nm Green
Teej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 10:22 AM #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
val45130 is on a distinguished road
val45130 val45130 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
val45130 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Different questions about the lasers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teej View Post
When that inexpensive, they typically don't last too long, and, often don't filter out the IR part.

Something like this might be more reliable:

SF501B 532nm Green
Ok going to see, but this laser is out of stock. I gonna search on another website.

Thank !
val45130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 05:11 PM #15
Hap's Avatar
Hap Hap is online now
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Morro Bay, CA, USA
Posts: 7,333
Rep Power: 48731
Hap has a reputation beyond reputeHap has a reputation beyond reputeHap has a reputation beyond reputeHap has a reputation beyond reputeHap has a reputation beyond reputeHap has a reputation beyond reputeHap has a reputation beyond reputeHap has a reputation beyond reputeHap has a reputation beyond reputeHap has a reputation beyond reputeHap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Hap
Hap Hap is online now
Super Moderator
Hap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Morro Bay, CA, USA
Posts: 7,333
Rep Power: 48731
Hap has a reputation beyond reputeHap has a reputation beyond reputeHap has a reputation beyond reputeHap has a reputation beyond reputeHap has a reputation beyond reputeHap has a reputation beyond reputeHap has a reputation beyond reputeHap has a reputation beyond reputeHap has a reputation beyond reputeHap has a reputation beyond reputeHap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Hap
Default Re: Different questions about the lasers

Quote:
Originally Posted by val45130 View Post
Ok going to see, but this laser is out of stock. I gonna search on another website.

Thank !
Teen has pretty much summed it up well. I would like to add that a good rule of thumb for 532nm(Green) lasers is count around $1/per mW.

For example:
100mW=$100
250mW=$250

-Alex
__________________
655nm: ROITHNER 650 Pointer 5mW
635nm: LaserGlow Libra 5mW(arriving)
593.5nm: LaserGlow Rigel-2 3mW
532nm: Z-Bolt BTG-6-C 5mW
515nm: Generic "Laser Pointer-515P-10" Pen 12mW
473nm: CNI GLP-473 6mW
450nm: Z-Bolt BLP-5-S Pointer 6mW
405nm: Generic "Laser Pointer" Pen 35mW



"Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?" -Bob Marley
"The stars should fall and the earth be riddled, imagine all your problems be seem so little, funny how the world so brittle." -Tribal Seeds
“The universe is a pretty big place. If it's just us, seems like an awful waste of space.” -Carl Sagan
You are important: Pale Blue Dot

Hap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 05:58 PM #16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
val45130 is on a distinguished road
val45130 val45130 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
val45130 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Different questions about the lasers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Greenlander View Post
Teen has pretty much summed it up well. I would like to add that a good rule of thumb for 532nm(Green) lasers is count around $1/per mW.

For example:
100mW=$100
250mW=$250

-Alex
Ok, thanks
val45130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On











Loading








Green Laser Pointers by Category Blue Laser Pointers by Category Red Laser Pointers by Category
Yellow Laser Pointers by Category Violet Laser Pointers by Category Orange Laser Pointers by Category
Top Laser Pointers by Power - 1 Watt+ Top Laser Pointers by Power - 500mW+ Top Laser Pointers by Power - 250mW+
Laser Pointer Database High Power Laser Pointers Laser Pointer Diodes






Privacy Policy | Advertising Disclaimer | Terms of Use


 


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:48 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Privacy Policy | Advertising Disclaimer | Terms of Use
Copyright (C) 2017 Laser Pointer Forums, LLC