Originally Posted by LaserNoob
I finally fixed it! Let me tell you all.
When I pushed the button the ... I dont know the english word of tat thing that connects with the batteries. Well, when I pushed the button that thing also got pushed down in the laser housing and made the batteries not touching it.. So I put a piece of rubber under that thing that prevent it from sliding down, NOW ITS WORKING BETTER THAN EVER! the beam is really visible in a well lit room from the windows. And I got fresh recharable 1000 Mah batteries *:P
Ahhh...good fix for your problem...
It sounds like when you dropped it one or both sides of the PC board where it is glued to the brass laser module, the glue joint broke..
When you were pressing the button, rather than activating the switch, the PC board was flexing away from your pressing.
The spring that is supposed to make contact with the batteries is mounted to the PC board as well, and when you were moving the board by pressing the button the spring moved off the negative side of the battery.
Your solution of placing a small piece of rubber under the PC board to support it is a good idea, and it didn't even need to come apart!
Way to go!!!