|08-13-2010, 07:36 PM||#1|
Class 2 Laser
I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of (or ordered from) Anchor Optics? They're a division of Edmund Optics Company. They seem to have a nice list of items that relate to the laser hobby, like: commercial and experimental grade optics, optical equipment and tools, lasers, optical bench and positioning equipment, educational optics, safety eyewear, and even complete hologram kits.
Their info is:
101 East Gloucester Pike
Barrington, NJ 08007
AnchorOptics.com - Supplies affordable, quality commercial grade and experimental grade optics
Hmmm, they're only 50 minutes from me....
- Researching: Red and Green lasers for firearms sight applications (handgun and AR-15 platforms)
- Researching: DDL Driver Construction, computer PSU mods
- Researching: Sources for unique hosts
- Work-in-Progress: red diode extraction from HP dvd1035 drive
- Work-in-Progress: Computer PSU mod
- Future Orders: components for DDL Driver, LEDshoppe 50mW Green
- 1st Laser: red keychain pointer (was FREE)
|08-13-2010, 08:52 PM||#2|
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Southeast Pennsylvania
Posts: 15Rep Power: 0
Re: Anchor Optics
Edmund Scientific, Edmund Optics, and now Anchor Optics all have the same physical store address.
I've always been satisfied with anything i purchased there with the exception of mechanical or optical items from their "surplus" bins that were obviously used as targets, both physically and optically.
Anything advertised or described as new is usually pristine.
They probably absorbed another competitor or added to their product and business lines.
I'm somewhere around 25 minutes from their original plant if they havent moved.
Things are only impossible until they're not.
If a laser burns a hole in a spinning radiometer,
does it make a sound?
Light travels faster than sound.
This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Last edited by Zappo; 08-13-2010 at 09:01 PM. Reason: added material