LPF Laser Pointer Company Database






Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums! If you are looking for a laser you may want to check out the database of laser pointer companies. The link will open in a new window for your convenience.

Green Laser Pointers Blue Lasers Pointers Red Laser Pointers
Yellow Laser Pointers Purple Laser Pointers Orange Laser Pointers
Laser Pointers by Power - 1 Watt+ Laser Pointers by Power - 500mW+ Laser Pointers by Power - 250mW+
Laser Pointer Database High Power Laser Pointers Laser Pointer Diodes


























Go Back   Laser Pointer Forums - Discuss Laser Pointers > Newcomers > Welcome

LPF Database of Laser Pointer Companies




Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2010, 10:18 AM #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
Vilex is on a distinguished road
Vilex Vilex is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
Vilex is on a distinguished road
Default Sup dudes!

Found this forum while getting interested in lasers. Not much about me, i'm 21, work my ass off, typical person. My hobbies and interests are computer, technology, and I love to mod cars. I have a '91 Honda Civic as a daily driver, and my weekend car is a 2001 Honda Civic that I turbo'd. Just a little hobby that brings me joy and takes alot of my money! Since winter is rollin around the corner, the turbo'd civic will be going into the garage for the winter, so i'll be needing to get into some other hobbies in the meantime, and gadgets have always been a thing for me.

I recently found a video that I wanted to build my first laser off of from this video(Green 200 mw bruning laser diy) and ordered the two parts I needed as well, DealExtreme: $10.90 C6 DIY Cree LED Flashlight Full Casing/Shell with Driver Pill (2*CR123A/1*18650) and DealExtreme: $46.81 200mW 532nm Green Laser Module (3V 11.9mm) I figured this would be a nice little starting laser for myself. Now could someone explain what nm and mW are? I know one probably has to do with the lasers strength.

Also, I was wondering how exactly do I piece this together? I've watched the video over and over and it seems pretty simplistic, but doesn't give much info on how to put it together though. I do notice that the + wire goes up into the top of the module somewhere, and I can see he grounded it on the thing itself, i'm also wondering how he eliminated the use of the little red push button, so he's able to use the bottom of the flash light so its more of a 'flashlight' laser, instead of a pointer style laser. I'm sure it'll make more sense when I get my stuff and check it out, but I figured i'd ask and find out rather than screwing up and learning the hard way!

Well, I look forward to being apart of the community and learning a new hobby and educating myself with this forum.



Last edited by Vilex; 10-22-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Vilex is offline   Reply With Quote








Old 10-23-2010, 10:18 PM #2
Carl Witcombe's Avatar
Class 1 Laser
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: South Wales, UK
Posts: 95
Rep Power: 11
Carl Witcombe is a glorious beacon of lightCarl Witcombe is a glorious beacon of lightCarl Witcombe is a glorious beacon of lightCarl Witcombe is a glorious beacon of lightCarl Witcombe is a glorious beacon of light
Carl Witcombe Carl Witcombe is offline
Class 1 Laser
Carl Witcombe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: South Wales, UK
Posts: 95
Rep Power: 11
Carl Witcombe is a glorious beacon of lightCarl Witcombe is a glorious beacon of lightCarl Witcombe is a glorious beacon of lightCarl Witcombe is a glorious beacon of lightCarl Witcombe is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Sup dudes!

First things first welcome to LPF.

Watched the vid you linked, No info on making the laser, How much do you know about building lasers?
__________________


Homebrew 160Mw Red Laser
Yet another Home brewed Burning Red Laser
1W 445Nm Blue
500mw IR Laser for use with Night Vision Rifle Scope
Carl Witcombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:45 PM #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
Vilex is on a distinguished road
Vilex Vilex is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
Vilex is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sup dudes!

I know about electronics a bit. I've soldered a few things, done little stuff, so I have a basic knowledge of understanding. So would this be pretty simple? Or would you recommend using other parts? I just want for now a green 250mW laser for some basic stuff and to get started with for a decent price, I don't mind making my own, but I don't wanna spend a lot of money like places want for pre-made lasers!
Vilex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:51 PM #4
Tikilaser's Avatar
Class 2 Laser
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 407
Rep Power: 10
Tikilaser is a jewel in the roughTikilaser is a jewel in the roughTikilaser is a jewel in the rough
Tikilaser Tikilaser is offline
Class 2 Laser
Tikilaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 407
Rep Power: 10
Tikilaser is a jewel in the roughTikilaser is a jewel in the roughTikilaser is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Sup dudes!

Hate to be the one to bring this up but....Goggles? 250mW is not considered a beginner power, try a PHR (~100mW blu ray) or something similar if you want to DIY. If you really want green, try mabye 50mW. With green DIY, all you really need to do is bypass the switch and fit the module into the host.
__________________
40mW 532nm WickedLasers Evolution Pro (Dead)
5mW 532nm Laserglow Galileo

120mW 450nm Danefex Minisabre (Dead)

Optotronics Premium Optics Kit

Last edited by Tikilaser; 10-23-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Tikilaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:04 PM #5
Toke's Avatar
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Copenhagen
Posts: 1,111
Rep Power: 50
Toke has a reputation beyond reputeToke has a reputation beyond reputeToke has a reputation beyond reputeToke has a reputation beyond reputeToke has a reputation beyond reputeToke has a reputation beyond reputeToke has a reputation beyond reputeToke has a reputation beyond reputeToke has a reputation beyond reputeToke has a reputation beyond reputeToke has a reputation beyond repute
Toke Toke is offline
Class 3R Laser
Toke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Copenhagen
Posts: 1,111
Rep Power: 50
Toke has a reputation beyond reputeToke has a reputation beyond reputeToke has a reputation beyond reputeToke has a reputation beyond reputeToke has a reputation beyond reputeToke has a reputation beyond reputeToke has a reputation beyond reputeToke has a reputation beyond reputeToke has a reputation beyond reputeToke has a reputation beyond reputeToke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sup dudes!

Welcome to the forum.

I have some bad news for you.
The flashlight host you have bought is for a DIY flashlight, it you want to use it for a laser it needs a heatsink. That is a metal cylinder/pipe with an external diameter that will fit inside the host, and an internal diameter that will take your laser module (12mm).

DX and other chinese internet shops are (in)famous for delivering lasers that are below specifications, this module states 250mA and 200mW. That is not possible.

Well, you are at the right place to learn, just read the assorted links and help treads here. (The one in my sig is just one of them)
__________________
100mW Odicforce kit.
App. 300mw MiniMag
App 120mW labby
Fan cooled 400mA 12X 405nm flashlight

532nm 150mW Labby.
532nm 50mW in flashlight

1.2W 445nm Yobresal
Basic laser building guide.
Toke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:07 PM #6
Carl Witcombe's Avatar
Class 1 Laser
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: South Wales, UK
Posts: 95
Rep Power: 11
Carl Witcombe is a glorious beacon of lightCarl Witcombe is a glorious beacon of lightCarl Witcombe is a glorious beacon of lightCarl Witcombe is a glorious beacon of lightCarl Witcombe is a glorious beacon of light
Carl Witcombe Carl Witcombe is offline
Class 1 Laser
Carl Witcombe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: South Wales, UK
Posts: 95
Rep Power: 11
Carl Witcombe is a glorious beacon of lightCarl Witcombe is a glorious beacon of lightCarl Witcombe is a glorious beacon of lightCarl Witcombe is a glorious beacon of lightCarl Witcombe is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Sup dudes!

Is your project going to be easy, Probably not due to the fact that your understanding of the inner workings of lasers is minimal. The outcome though is predictable, You'll end up frying your $46 module or atleast the Diode.

If you want some advise, Crawl before you start to run, Building lasers is not for the faint hearted, using money like fire wood is a big possibility when building your first laser. Get the ground work done first (research, there is everything you need to know within this forum, use the search feature), that's how I started.

You don't need to buy a laser, all the parts/components can be purchased off e b a y, do your research, if you get stuck with a particular step search the forum for an answer, then if you don't find it ask us.

Start by building your own laser to get an understanding of how a driver works, you are into computers aswell so you know how the computer works through stripping and re-assembling the component parts. Lasers are no different. Start with the safety aspect first, then build your own DDL(LM317T) Driver.

To answer your Q in post 1,

532nm This is the wavelength ie color of the outputed laser energy.
250mw Potential intensity of laser energy emmitted.

carl
__________________


Homebrew 160Mw Red Laser
Yet another Home brewed Burning Red Laser
1W 445Nm Blue
500mw IR Laser for use with Night Vision Rifle Scope
Carl Witcombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:23 AM #7
Tikilaser's Avatar
Class 2 Laser
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 407
Rep Power: 10
Tikilaser is a jewel in the roughTikilaser is a jewel in the roughTikilaser is a jewel in the rough
Tikilaser Tikilaser is offline
Class 2 Laser
Tikilaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 407
Rep Power: 10
Tikilaser is a jewel in the roughTikilaser is a jewel in the roughTikilaser is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Sup dudes!

Jayrob recieved a 200mW DX module, tested and it was 103 mW so it should be ok. Try ordering the DIY green kit from him. just search. The thread says how to bypass the switch. It should also include a breif tutorial. If you dont want green a PHR is a great start.
__________________
40mW 532nm WickedLasers Evolution Pro (Dead)
5mW 532nm Laserglow Galileo

120mW 450nm Danefex Minisabre (Dead)

Optotronics Premium Optics Kit
Tikilaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 03:31 AM #8
sandidgepatrick's Avatar
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Cleveland,Tn.
Posts: 1,135
Rep Power: 79
sandidgepatrick has a reputation beyond reputesandidgepatrick has a reputation beyond reputesandidgepatrick has a reputation beyond reputesandidgepatrick has a reputation beyond reputesandidgepatrick has a reputation beyond reputesandidgepatrick has a reputation beyond reputesandidgepatrick has a reputation beyond reputesandidgepatrick has a reputation beyond reputesandidgepatrick has a reputation beyond reputesandidgepatrick has a reputation beyond reputesandidgepatrick has a reputation beyond repute
sandidgepatrick sandidgepatrick is offline
Class 3R Laser
sandidgepatrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Cleveland,Tn.
Posts: 1,135
Rep Power: 79
sandidgepatrick has a reputation beyond reputesandidgepatrick has a reputation beyond reputesandidgepatrick has a reputation beyond reputesandidgepatrick has a reputation beyond reputesandidgepatrick has a reputation beyond reputesandidgepatrick has a reputation beyond reputesandidgepatrick has a reputation beyond reputesandidgepatrick has a reputation beyond reputesandidgepatrick has a reputation beyond reputesandidgepatrick has a reputation beyond reputesandidgepatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sup dudes!

WELCOME TO L.P.F.!!!! slow down a bit take in the knowledge from all the threads and then go from there before buying...goodluck my friend..
sandidgepatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:05 AM #9
Class 2 Laser
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 259
Rep Power: 9
MojoLA has a spectacular aura aboutMojoLA has a spectacular aura about
MojoLA MojoLA is offline
Class 2 Laser
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 259
Rep Power: 9
MojoLA has a spectacular aura aboutMojoLA has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Sup dudes!

Wow you want to build a high power laser but don't even know what mw and nm stand for? That indicates you really haven't educated yourself regarding lasers AT ALL.

Read up a bit before you jump in and fry your eyeballs out. And maybe I'm being too nit picky, but when you introduce yourself with "sup dudes" right off the bat you sound like a kid who shouldn't be taken seriously.

By the way, what's a "bruning" laser? Not familiar with that type...
MojoLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:28 AM #10
Vaporizer's Avatar
Class 2 Laser
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Hemisphere(Ohio,USA), Earth
Posts: 382
Rep Power: 24
Vaporizer has a brilliant futureVaporizer has a brilliant futureVaporizer has a brilliant futureVaporizer has a brilliant futureVaporizer has a brilliant futureVaporizer has a brilliant futureVaporizer has a brilliant futureVaporizer has a brilliant futureVaporizer has a brilliant futureVaporizer has a brilliant futureVaporizer has a brilliant future
Vaporizer Vaporizer is offline
Class 2 Laser
Vaporizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Hemisphere(Ohio,USA), Earth
Posts: 382
Rep Power: 24
Vaporizer has a brilliant futureVaporizer has a brilliant futureVaporizer has a brilliant futureVaporizer has a brilliant futureVaporizer has a brilliant futureVaporizer has a brilliant futureVaporizer has a brilliant futureVaporizer has a brilliant futureVaporizer has a brilliant futureVaporizer has a brilliant futureVaporizer has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sup dudes!

Welcome.
Reading is fundamental here or anywhere if you want to build your own laser.
Impossible, no.........you have some skills like soldering that will help.
I promise you one thing , the more you read the more you'll find you don't know.
It's a fun hobby. Maybe a couple cheap pointers from ebay to work with as you go.
Oddly you can get more than you pay for there on some.
__________________
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Helpful Links:
Ohm's Law Calculator
Parallel Resistance Calculator
LM317 Current Calculator
LM317 Voltage Calculator

Building your 1st Laser?
I Want to Build a Laser
First Build Guide
Vaporizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:32 PM #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
Vilex is on a distinguished road
Vilex Vilex is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
Vilex is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sup dudes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaporizer View Post
Welcome.
Reading is fundamental here or anywhere if you want to build your own laser.
Impossible, no.........you have some skills like soldering that will help.
I promise you one thing , the more you read the more you'll find you don't know.
It's a fun hobby. Maybe a couple cheap pointers from ebay to work with as you go.
Oddly you can get more than you pay for there on some.
I've been reading the stickies little by little and learning stuff as I go. I feel as I can handle it a bit and i'm excited for the challenge and creativity of building something. I've built computers and have a understanding of their innards, and like I said i've done soldering plenty of times on my car, and little projects. But thanks for the heads up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoLA View Post
Wow you want to build a high power laser but don't even know what mw and nm stand for? That indicates you really haven't educated yourself regarding lasers AT ALL.

Read up a bit before you jump in and fry your eyeballs out. And maybe I'm being too nit picky, but when you introduce yourself with "sup dudes" right off the bat you sound like a kid who shouldn't be taken seriously.

By the way, what's a "bruning" laser? Not familiar with that type...
I'm learning. Never said I was just gonna jump into it without reaidng up first. I'm 21, i'm still considered a 'young adult', I may not be as old as some of the members here, but to probably some of you, i'm still considered a kid.

And it was a typo..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandidgepatrick View Post
WELCOME TO L.P.F.!!!! slow down a bit take in the knowledge from all the threads and then go from there before buying...goodluck my friend..
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikilaser View Post
Jayrob recieved a 200mW DX module, tested and it was 103 mW so it should be ok. Try ordering the DIY green kit from him. just search. The thread says how to bypass the switch. It should also include a breif tutorial. If you dont want green a PHR is a great start.
Ah alright i'll look around and see what he has to offer, I canceled my kit I ordered just cause i'd figure i'd take advice from you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Witcombe View Post
Is your project going to be easy, Probably not due to the fact that your understanding of the inner workings of lasers is minimal. The outcome though is predictable, You'll end up frying your $46 module or atleast the Diode.

If you want some advise, Crawl before you start to run, Building lasers is not for the faint hearted, using money like fire wood is a big possibility when building your first laser. Get the ground work done first (research, there is everything you need to know within this forum, use the search feature), that's how I started.

You don't need to buy a laser, all the parts/components can be purchased off e b a y, do your research, if you get stuck with a particular step search the forum for an answer, then if you don't find it ask us.

Start by building your own laser to get an understanding of how a driver works, you are into computers aswell so you know how the computer works through stripping and re-assembling the component parts. Lasers are no different. Start with the safety aspect first, then build your own DDL(LM317T) Driver.

To answer your Q in post 1,

532nm This is the wavelength ie color of the outputed laser energy.
250mw Potential intensity of laser energy emmitted.

carl
Alright, thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toke View Post
Welcome to the forum.

I have some bad news for you.
The flashlight host you have bought is for a DIY flashlight, it you want to use it for a laser it needs a heatsink. That is a metal cylinder/pipe with an external diameter that will fit inside the host, and an internal diameter that will take your laser module (12mm).

DX and other chinese internet shops are (in)famous for delivering lasers that are below specifications, this module states 250mA and 200mW. That is not possible.

Well, you are at the right place to learn, just read the assorted links and help treads here. (The one in my sig is just one of them)
I should of figured. It takes awhile for them to ship stuff out too. I've delt with them before when I purchased an R4 for my old NDS. But thanks for the tips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikilaser View Post
Hate to be the one to bring this up but....Goggles? 250mW is not considered a beginner power, try a PHR (~100mW blu ray) or something similar if you want to DIY. If you really want green, try mabye 50mW. With green DIY, all you really need to do is bypass the switch and fit the module into the host.
Goggles will be purchased once I get a build going or something in the works. Thanks for the info!
Vilex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:37 PM #12
Tikilaser's Avatar
Class 2 Laser
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 407
Rep Power: 10
Tikilaser is a jewel in the roughTikilaser is a jewel in the roughTikilaser is a jewel in the rough
Tikilaser Tikilaser is offline
Class 2 Laser
Tikilaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 407
Rep Power: 10
Tikilaser is a jewel in the roughTikilaser is a jewel in the roughTikilaser is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Sup dudes!

Just so you know, there is a wait for those kits. If you can wait, they are some of the best, but it was 2-3 weeks last I checked.
__________________
40mW 532nm WickedLasers Evolution Pro (Dead)
5mW 532nm Laserglow Galileo

120mW 450nm Danefex Minisabre (Dead)

Optotronics Premium Optics Kit
Tikilaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:16 PM #13
Class 2 Laser
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 259
Rep Power: 9
MojoLA has a spectacular aura aboutMojoLA has a spectacular aura about
MojoLA MojoLA is offline
Class 2 Laser
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 259
Rep Power: 9
MojoLA has a spectacular aura aboutMojoLA has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Sup dudes!

I know it was a typo, i was just being silly. Still, maybe while there is no "bruning" laser, there is a "pruning" laser for gardening!
MojoLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:33 PM #14
Morgan's Avatar
Class 3R Laser
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bedfordshire, UK
Posts: 2,178
Rep Power: 102
Morgan has a reputation beyond reputeMorgan has a reputation beyond reputeMorgan has a reputation beyond reputeMorgan has a reputation beyond reputeMorgan has a reputation beyond reputeMorgan has a reputation beyond reputeMorgan has a reputation beyond reputeMorgan has a reputation beyond reputeMorgan has a reputation beyond reputeMorgan has a reputation beyond reputeMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
Morgan Morgan is offline
Class 3R Laser
Morgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bedfordshire, UK
Posts: 2,178
Rep Power: 102
Morgan has a reputation beyond reputeMorgan has a reputation beyond reputeMorgan has a reputation beyond reputeMorgan has a reputation beyond reputeMorgan has a reputation beyond reputeMorgan has a reputation beyond reputeMorgan has a reputation beyond reputeMorgan has a reputation beyond reputeMorgan has a reputation beyond reputeMorgan has a reputation beyond reputeMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sup dudes!

Take a look at the guides in my sig. They shoud give you plenty to read and plenty of hints to go off and search for too. The top one is not meant to give you a step-by-step hand holding session to a complete laser but more a learning exercise on how to find the info you need. I hope it helps you out and you can always drop us a line if you get stuck.

For a good starter kit I can recommend these -

Laser Hosts and Laser Kits - Items - OdicForce Lasers Online Shop

Most of the kits here come complete with full instructions and all you need to build a working laser. I would say go for the 300mW kit but leave the supplied driver as it comes, (preset to 200mA), as this gives a good output for your first laser of circa 100mW but also will allow you to turn it up later when you know a little more, (and have those goggles!). These are probably the cheapest, one-stop buy you can make for an introduction, homebuilt laser. There are a few reviews in the, "Reviews", section too.

Good luck and welcome to LPF!

M
__________________
Do you want to build a laser? But, you know nothing about what is needed, right? Then you need to try the, "I Want to Build a Laser", thread! Everything you wanted to know to get started and more! An easy guide as to what you need and why!

Another good guide can be found here from goninanbl00d - "First Build Guide"
(Temporarily Unavailable)

" ... Lasing on a sunny afternoon." The Kinks.

"Lasing on a Sunday Afternoon." Queen.

" Lase-y Sunday afternoon, I've got no mind to worry... " Small Faces.

"... Yes. It died during the night... So I cooked it! It was very nice." My Dad

Assembly services, parts machined and consultations for specialist builds available. PM me if you need something. Thanks.
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:35 AM #15
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
Vilex is on a distinguished road
Vilex Vilex is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
Vilex is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sup dudes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikilaser View Post
Just so you know, there is a wait for those kits. If you can wait, they are some of the best, but it was 2-3 weeks last I checked.
Ah, good to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoLA View Post
I know it was a typo, i was just being silly. Still, maybe while there is no "bruning" laser, there is a "pruning" laser for gardening!
Damn, I was hoping for a bruning laser .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Take a look at the guides in my sig. They shoud give you plenty to read and plenty of hints to go off and search for too. The top one is not meant to give you a step-by-step hand holding session to a complete laser but more a learning exercise on how to find the info you need. I hope it helps you out and you can always drop us a line if you get stuck.

For a good starter kit I can recommend these -

Laser Hosts and Laser Kits - Items - OdicForce Lasers Online Shop

Most of the kits here come complete with full instructions and all you need to build a working laser. I would say go for the 300mW kit but leave the supplied driver as it comes, (preset to 200mA), as this gives a good output for your first laser of circa 100mW but also will allow you to turn it up later when you know a little more, (and have those goggles!). These are probably the cheapest, one-stop buy you can make for an introduction, homebuilt laser. There are a few reviews in the, "Reviews", section too.

Good luck and welcome to LPF!

M
Cool thanks for the info! Building a full on laser is a bit intimidating, I must say, but if i'm given full on instructions it doesn't seem too bad. I'll have to check out that link and browse around some more and see what I can find!
Vilex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:37 AM #16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
Vilex is on a distinguished road
Vilex Vilex is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
Vilex is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sup dudes!

Alright. I purchased this: UltraFire 500mW 532nm Back-Open Handheld Green Laser Pointer WF-502C(1*18650 Included) $45.14 Free Shipping

Just as a starting laser. I do realize that mW is probably REALLY underated, and thats fine since it's my first laser. I really just wanna get one, see how they work, maybe tear them apart, etc. I'm more of a visual learner than anything. I'm just trying to take it slow and not rush things.

Hell, maybe if I can, I can turn up the mW somehow on the one I purchased, i've read somewhere on that site with some lasers it's possible, but who knows. Like that it's set at say 46mW, but it can handle up to 200mW or so.

But we'll see. Kinda excited to get my first laser and just see how they are and de-virginize my experience with a new interest!
Vilex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On











Loading








Top 50 Laser Pointer Companies - Green Lasers Top 50 Laser Pointer Companies - Blue Lasers Top 50 Laser Pointer Companies - Red Lasers
Top 50 Laser Pointer Companies - Yellow Lasers Top 50 Laser Pointer Companies - Purple Lasers Top 50 Laser Pointer Companies - Orange Lasers
Top Laser Pointers by Power - 1 Watt+ Top Laser Pointers by Power - 500mW+ Top Laser Pointers by Power - 250mW+
Laser Pointer Database High Power Laser Pointers Laser Pointer Diodes




Privacy Policy | Advertising Disclaimer | Terms of Use


 


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:03 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Privacy Policy | Advertising Disclaimer | Terms of Use
Copyright (C) 2016 Laser Pointer Forums, LLC