LPF Laser Pointer Company Database






Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums! If you are looking for a laser you may want to check out the database of laser pointer companies. The link will open in a new window for your convenience.

Green Laser Pointers Blue Lasers Pointers Red Laser Pointers
Yellow Laser Pointers Purple Laser Pointers Orange Laser Pointers
Laser Pointers by Power - 1 Watt+ Laser Pointers by Power - 500mW+ Laser Pointers by Power - 250mW+
Laser Pointer Database High Power Laser Pointers Laser Pointer Diodes


























Go Back   Laser Pointer Forums - Discuss Laser Pointers > Newcomers > Welcome

LPF Database of Laser Pointer Companies




Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 07:36 PM #1
NobleKnight88's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 43
Rep Power: 0
NobleKnight88 is on a distinguished road
NobleKnight88 NobleKnight88 is offline
Member
NobleKnight88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 43
Rep Power: 0
NobleKnight88 is on a distinguished road
Default Eyooo

Greetings to everyone that happens to read this! I am the Noble one, or you could refer to me as NK88 or Jason. I made my way to these forums after the whole "Arctic fiasco", in which I proceeded to lurk for about 2 weeks until I finally registered. This is my second forum being a member to; I was part of the Playstation forums for about 3-4 years. I always had an interest in lasers before, but I've just been very busy and I never found out that there was a real hobby behind these things. And it's been good and bad finding out about this. The pro, there are many different lasers out there to choose from besides the regular pointer. The con, this opens up a new category in which my $$$ disappears into lol. That's about it for now, feel free to PM or reply, glad to be here

PS- and yes I do read the stickies and try to use the search function as much as possible =p


NobleKnight88 is offline   Reply With Quote








Old 07-27-2010, 07:43 PM #2
daguin's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sunny Southern California
Posts: 16,646
Rep Power: 823
daguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond repute
daguin daguin is offline
Super Moderator
daguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sunny Southern California
Posts: 16,646
Rep Power: 823
daguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond reputedaguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eyooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobleKnight88 View Post
Greetings to everyone that happens to read this! I am the Noble one, or you could refer to me as NK88 or Jason. I made my way to these forums after the whole "Arctic fiasco", in which I proceeded to lurk for about 2 weeks until I finally registered. This is my second forum being a member to; I was part of the Playstation forums for about 3-4 years. I always had an interest in lasers before, but I've just been very busy and I never found out that there was a real hobby behind these things. And it's been good and bad finding out about this. The pro, there are many different lasers out there to choose from besides the regular pointer. The con, this opens up a new category in which my $$$ disappears into lol. That's about it for now, feel free to PM or reply, glad to be here

PS- and yes I do read the stickies and try to use the search function as much as possible =p
Don't let the Arctic threads taint your perception of us. They are a "short-lived" exception to the norm

Peace,
dave
__________________
How To Get Along In and Be Accepted in the Forum

If you got some value out of reading this forum, how about donating $2 to keep it going?
Click Here to donate

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
-William Shakespeare
daguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:59 PM #3
chipdouglas's Avatar
Class 3B Laser
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Riverside, California
Posts: 4,012
Rep Power: 222
chipdouglas has a reputation beyond reputechipdouglas has a reputation beyond reputechipdouglas has a reputation beyond reputechipdouglas has a reputation beyond reputechipdouglas has a reputation beyond reputechipdouglas has a reputation beyond reputechipdouglas has a reputation beyond reputechipdouglas has a reputation beyond reputechipdouglas has a reputation beyond reputechipdouglas has a reputation beyond reputechipdouglas has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to chipdouglas
chipdouglas chipdouglas is offline
Class 3B Laser
chipdouglas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Riverside, California
Posts: 4,012
Rep Power: 222
chipdouglas has a reputation beyond reputechipdouglas has a reputation beyond reputechipdouglas has a reputation beyond reputechipdouglas has a reputation beyond reputechipdouglas has a reputation beyond reputechipdouglas has a reputation beyond reputechipdouglas has a reputation beyond reputechipdouglas has a reputation beyond reputechipdouglas has a reputation beyond reputechipdouglas has a reputation beyond reputechipdouglas has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to chipdouglas
Default Re: Eyooo

actually a pleasant intro... welcome. and likewise to you... If you have any questions feel free to pm me.


michael
__________________
IN A CONSTANT STATE OF PICNIC

I AM THE STATUS QUO

ARE YOU A NEW MEMBER, OR EVEN MORE, ARE YOU NEW TO ONLINE FORUMS... READ THIS
LASER POINTER FORUM ETIQUETTE


for pot modding facts click below

http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/pot-modding-faqs-40510.html
chipdouglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:45 PM #4
Eudaimonium's Avatar
Class 4 Laser
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pitomača, Croatia
Posts: 6,295
Rep Power: 426
Eudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Eudaimonium
Eudaimonium Eudaimonium is online now
Class 4 Laser
Eudaimonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pitomača, Croatia
Posts: 6,295
Rep Power: 426
Eudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Eudaimonium
Default Re: Eyooo

Hai Noble, you will find that lasers hobby is a branch of science and expertise on it's own - there are more things to learn than you can think of , and science and physics behind it are fascinating!

Ofcourse, that does not mean that the beggining and entry level lasers are complicated beyond understanding , actually they are quite simple, as you are about to learn yourself.

May I give you a quick reference to places that you'll give all your mone... akhem, I mean where you will buy your lasers and parts?

First, for entry level lasers, if you've never seen higher power handhelds before, is DinoDirect, pick some of their cheap flashlight or pen units, they've proven to be OK in therms of quality. Link : Online Shopping For Your Needs With WorldWide Free Shipping - DinoDirect.com

When you are ready to move up to DIY and such, start by looking into:
Modwerx Shop <-awsome if you live in USA
HighTechDealZ - High Tech DealZ <- awsome wherever you live, free shipping, that's where I buy stuff (haven't purchased anything lately though... hmm)

For more expensive and higher quality lasers go to
Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products
www.rayfoss.com

And when you are feeling rich (and you hate it), or want the apsolute best quality lasers known to mankind, go to:
Laserglow Technologies
NOVAlasers Home
Green Laser,Laser Beam Optics,Laser Safety Glasses : Dragon Lasers

There is a site called cnilasers.com, however you will see that you cannot order directly from them. It's possible to set up something for one time order via phone, but it'll cost you greatly.
A great member here, called Glenn (username scopeguy20), runs Group Buys here, it's here a lot of member buy lasers so we get quantity discount.
You can look for CNI GBs in Group buys section.

And don't forget, you can replace a fried diode... but you can't replace a fried retina! So go buy yourself some good goggles that will protect your eyes, and don't forget common sense usage along with lasers - they do more good than thousand of safety goggles to you and those around you!

Enjoy your stay on the forum!
__________________
Accepting and
^Click to enter^

The "Where to get laser components" big compilation thread!

Are you new and need help? Instead of starting new threads, shoot me a Personal Message! I'll answer all the beginner's and advanced questions you might have!

Eudaimonium is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:27 PM #5
Scotty 757's Avatar
Class 2M Laser
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Collinsville, OK
Posts: 511
Rep Power: 13
Scotty 757 is a glorious beacon of lightScotty 757 is a glorious beacon of lightScotty 757 is a glorious beacon of lightScotty 757 is a glorious beacon of lightScotty 757 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scotty 757
Scotty 757 Scotty 757 is offline
Class 2M Laser
Scotty 757's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Collinsville, OK
Posts: 511
Rep Power: 13
Scotty 757 is a glorious beacon of lightScotty 757 is a glorious beacon of lightScotty 757 is a glorious beacon of lightScotty 757 is a glorious beacon of lightScotty 757 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scotty 757
Default Re: Eyooo

Well seems everything is simply covered.
Other than that, welcome to the forum and I look forward to your questions, reviews, or just simple laser talk!!
__________________
Lasers
5mW Pointer (405nm)
30mW Pointer (405nm)

1.1W (445nm)
5mW Pointer (532)
50mW Pointer (532nm)
100mW Pointer (532nm)
150mW Pointer (532nm)
...on its way from laserbtb.com
200mW Focusable (650nm)
Wishlist
Portable 200mW+ (532nm)
(473nm) (589nm) (593.5nm)
Scotty 757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:05 PM #6
NobleKnight88's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 43
Rep Power: 0
NobleKnight88 is on a distinguished road
NobleKnight88 NobleKnight88 is offline
Member
NobleKnight88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 43
Rep Power: 0
NobleKnight88 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Eyooo

Thanks everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eudaimonium View Post
Hai Noble, you will find that lasers hobby is a branch of science and expertise on it's own - there are more things to learn than you can think of , and science and physics behind it are fascinating!

Ofcourse, that does not mean that the beggining and entry level lasers are complicated beyond understanding , actually they are quite simple, as you are about to learn yourself.

May I give you a quick reference to places that you'll give all your mone... akhem, I mean where you will buy your lasers and parts?

First, for entry level lasers, if you've never seen higher power handhelds before, is DinoDirect, pick some of their cheap flashlight or pen units, they've proven to be OK in therms of quality. Link : Online Shopping For Your Needs With WorldWide Free Shipping - DinoDirect.com

When you are ready to move up to DIY and such, start by looking into:
Modwerx Shop <-awsome if you live in USA
HighTechDealZ - High Tech DealZ <- awsome wherever you live, free shipping, that's where I buy stuff (haven't purchased anything lately though... hmm)

For more expensive and higher quality lasers go to
Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products
www.rayfoss.com

And when you are feeling rich (and you hate it), or want the apsolute best quality lasers known to mankind, go to:
Laserglow Technologies
NOVAlasers Home
Green Laser,Laser Beam Optics,Laser Safety Glasses : Dragon Lasers

There is a site called cnilasers.com, however you will see that you cannot order directly from them. It's possible to set up something for one time order via phone, but it'll cost you greatly.
A great member here, called Glenn (username scopeguy20), runs Group Buys here, it's here a lot of member buy lasers so we get quantity discount.
You can look for CNI GBs in Group buys section.

And don't forget, you can replace a fried diode... but you can't replace a fried retina! So go buy yourself some good goggles that will protect your eyes, and don't forget common sense usage along with lasers - they do more good than thousand of safety goggles to you and those around you!

Enjoy your stay on the forum!
And thank you for the generalized summary. I probably won't be getting into any DIYs anytime soon, though you all do make it seem so very simple after reading a bunch of threads. Hopefully I can get a decent handheld collection started, currently waiting on a greenie from O-Like!
NobleKnight88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:11 PM #7
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 245
Rep Power: 0
deam_87 is a jewel in the roughdeam_87 is a jewel in the roughdeam_87 is a jewel in the roughdeam_87 is a jewel in the rough
deam_87 deam_87 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 245
Rep Power: 0
deam_87 is a jewel in the roughdeam_87 is a jewel in the roughdeam_87 is a jewel in the roughdeam_87 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Eyooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobleKnight88 View Post
Thanks everyone!



And thank you for the generalized summary. I probably won't be getting into any DIYs anytime soon, though you all do make it seem so very simple after reading a bunch of threads. Hopefully I can get a decent handheld collection started, currently waiting on a greenie from O-Like!
Nice!, you seem to be on the bandwagon. O-like is a great place to start (apparently you did some reading )

Welcome to the forum
deam_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:50 AM #8
Eudaimonium's Avatar
Class 4 Laser
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pitomača, Croatia
Posts: 6,295
Rep Power: 426
Eudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Eudaimonium
Eudaimonium Eudaimonium is online now
Class 4 Laser
Eudaimonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pitomača, Croatia
Posts: 6,295
Rep Power: 426
Eudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond reputeEudaimonium has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Eudaimonium
Default Re: Eyooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobleKnight88 View Post
Thanks everyone!



And thank you for the generalized summary. I probably won't be getting into any DIYs anytime soon, though you all do make it seem so very simple after reading a bunch of threads. Hopefully I can get a decent handheld collection started, currently waiting on a greenie from O-Like!
To others, not only you,
Folks did you notice that lately, the links do not turn greyish to contrast the regular white text (in standard theme layout) ?!

Noble, all the "titles" of the companies are links, you can click and browse around, just in case you did not know.

If you have a soldering iron and some basic idea how to use it, you can construct your own red and bluray builds in no time, constructing your own driver for red is also very easy. Blurays can do with boost drivers which are harder to assemble but you can buy them from example O-like also, so you can powr bluray diodes from 2x alkaline batteries.

It actually is pretty simple. You will see soon enough.
Once you witness glowing beams of light across nighsky that stretch for miles (or kilometers, depends where you live), you'll be addicted to it like the rest of us with no chances of escaping...
__________________
Accepting and
^Click to enter^

The "Where to get laser components" big compilation thread!

Are you new and need help? Instead of starting new threads, shoot me a Personal Message! I'll answer all the beginner's and advanced questions you might have!

Eudaimonium is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On











Loading








Top 50 Laser Pointer Companies - Green Lasers Top 50 Laser Pointer Companies - Blue Lasers Top 50 Laser Pointer Companies - Red Lasers
Top 50 Laser Pointer Companies - Yellow Lasers Top 50 Laser Pointer Companies - Purple Lasers Top 50 Laser Pointer Companies - Orange Lasers
Top Laser Pointers by Power - 1 Watt+ Top Laser Pointers by Power - 500mW+ Top Laser Pointers by Power - 250mW+
Laser Pointer Database High Power Laser Pointers Laser Pointer Diodes




Privacy Policy | Advertising Disclaimer | Terms of Use


 


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:19 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Privacy Policy | Advertising Disclaimer | Terms of Use
Copyright (C) 2016 Laser Pointer Forums, LLC